Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 LC Website - Extinct? How do I get them?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andy_Kitching

3 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2013 :  17:12:32  Show Profile Send Andy_Kitching a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As above really - the LC website recons.com is now dead. How do I get copies of them on DVD-R?

Andy

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2013 :  23:44:10  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Kitching

As above really - the LC website recons.com is now dead. How do I get copies of them on DVD-R?

Andy

This looks bad. I don't know what happened. If they have shut down and you can't contact the dubbers, your only shot might be to download them off the Internet from others to your hard drive.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2013 :  02:00:27  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were recently talking about updating the website...
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2013 :  06:34:50  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtowne

They were recently talking about updating the website...

Ah, that might explain it. I remember some of the previous updates that were made years ago, but I don't ever remember the website disappearing during those updates.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2013 :  13:53:47  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree that it's odd.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2013 :  01:05:18  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The whole website is up, just the title page links to a null page now. Of course, this doesn't suggest the reason for doing this, but shows that they still maintain ownership of the site.
Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2013 :  01:21:02  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your best bet is to pm Russ.

"There will always be 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who"
Go to Top of Page

Padmasambhava

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2013 :  01:43:32  Show Profile Send Padmasambhava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try this: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2013 :  04:32:17  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
recons.com properly forwards to that once again. All is well. :P
Go to Top of Page

Andy_Kitching

3 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  17:11:25  Show Profile Send Andy_Kitching a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm seems I got the wrong end of the stick. The website still refers to VHS only. I thought I read somewhere they now supply them on DVD-R?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  17:52:04  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last I heard they were only available in VHS.

"There will always be 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who"
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2013 :  05:26:17  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toxicspurge

Last I heard they were only available in VHS.

I've been going to that website for years, and it always has been VHS. The BBC would not appreciate LC recons on DVD.
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2013 :  11:39:21  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"VHS quality". Not necessarily the same thing.

To understand the caution, you need to read up on the reasons for offering VHS in the first place, which have to do with not wanting to be closed down by the BBC.

Contact a dubber and see what they say. No point speculating without a source of information...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2