Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Favorite LC Recons!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2012 :  16:55:23  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what are your favorite LC Recons?

I thought The Space Pirates was excellent!

"There will always be 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who"

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  00:15:24  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Toxic. i think this is a great topic to show positive feedback to LC.

My favorites tend to the ones with more cgi such as Dalek Master Plan, Wheel in Space and Evil of the Daleks. The one Im awaiting most for an update on is Power of the Daleks. Using the newer found footage, cgi and a crisp soundtrack will help many appreciate how good that story is.
Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  02:53:40  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have to say DMP is my all-time favorite Doctor Who, so I'm definitely a fan of the recon. And the Evil of the Daleks recon is just plain amazing! I know the LC recons haven't been high visibility in the last year or so (which may well be by design and necessity), but I definitely think it's they're one of the under appreciated bright spots in the DW universe and I hope more people can enjoy them in the future.

Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  06:28:04  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree wholeheartedly. Even if they dont get released officially, i do appreciate all they've done.
Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  13:18:00  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me too!

Go to Top of Page

cyber_boots
Forum Creator

967 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  15:54:26  Show Profile Send cyber_boots a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of them.

Likewise Daleks' Masterplan is one of my very very favourite stories so that has to be my personal choice.

I love the new version of Wheel In Space - such a leap in quality for this story.

Also a real soft spot for Fury From The Deep as that was the moment I fell in love with LC recons forever.

Twitter. Follow me @AndyLeRock
Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  19:43:52  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought their Mission to the Unknown was particularly good too!

Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  22:21:32  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still havent seen their evil of the daleks but I'd have to go with Masterplan just because of the way they've recreated it with so little surviving material

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!
Go to Top of Page

joelsanford

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  15:43:53  Show Profile Send joelsanford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just watched the wheel in space and evil of the daleks for the first time and thought they were amazing. Seriously good cgi, live action (who was it that played troughtons legs riding on the dalek) and picture clarity.
However my favourite recon has to be the first recon I ever watched - which was power of the daleks - I was given it as a birthday present along with the novel and before that had never known about the recons or seen/heard POTD before. I was completely hooked on it and watched it repeatedly.
Looking forward to the new version which from the screenegrabs on GB look fantastic, but the original will always be (for sentimental reasons) my favourite recon.
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  18:01:04  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Galaxy 4 was really good and it's not too far from Airlock itself . I hope LC do an updated G4 with material from Airlock

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2