Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Wishing for some new LC recons :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  15:36:51  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen this special posted anywhere and havent seen it yet.

Its great that they did a good job. While they had interviews with nu who, it would have been nice if they included William Russell, Carol Ann Ford, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  16:10:24  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know someone appreciated the link.

If eldoctorio takes a break to work things out, I understand.

We can be very fortunate that he has shared with us all the new LC
recons as well as updates on many that were poor quality.

quote:
Originally posted by greencat

quote:
Originally posted by gad4

I'm not sure if it's as good as a LC version would be (those who don't like CGI may not appreciate it as much as those who do.) but hopefully it fills the gap for all until LC gives it its much due updating :)

TENTH PLANET LINK:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Feel free to share if you like it as much as I do.

That's an excellent recon!

Edited by - gad4 on 31 Jan 2013 16:11:34
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  16:45:00  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. In fact, it is safe to say that even in the worst case scenerio (if youtube deletes the account), *almost* none of the remaining recons are "problematic" ones, like where there were no good copies of G4 or Power.

The exception is Faceless Ones. I remember looking all over the net, a few years ago, for ANY copy of the first or second LC. This is what actually led me to utilizing dub sites. :)
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  17:14:44  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, now that it's mentioned, the Hartnell special did include interviews with William Russell and Peter Purves. It was divided into the behind the scenes genesis of the show, the evolution of the Doctor's character, the companions, the Daleks, and the historical stories (since "The Aztecs" was being shown, this made sense). All the companions were discussed through Ben and Polly, except for Vicki and Dodo
Go to Top of Page

thestredzdoctor
Junior Time Traveller

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  19:48:40  Show Profile Send thestredzdoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Episode 3 of The Highlanders is now on you tube. To (hopefully) avoid detection I have posted under the title of FF/03

The whole story will be live soon

Edited by - thestredzdoctor on 01 Feb 2013 00:40:59
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  20:04:15  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtowne

Hawkeye, sometimes he removes the intro because youtube uses it to detect as copyrighted.

How does this work then? Is it a human identifying this as a BBC product or some software?

What was the deal with Highlanders 3 that nothing else prior had been clobbered?

Dreadful shame if this is the end but cant expect El to carry on.
Go to Top of Page

Selaboc
Time Traveller

USA
998 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  20:22:32  Show Profile Send Selaboc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hawkeye pierce
How does this work then? Is it a human identifying this as a BBC product or some software?

I believe it is software that looks for a "fingerprint" of copyrighted material (say a theme tune or a certain pattern of images).

Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  20:50:49  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Selaboc

quote:
Originally posted by hawkeye pierce

I believe it is software that looks for a "fingerprint" of copyrighted material (say a theme tune or a certain pattern of images).

Good lord.

Its got to be the theme tune and/or titles hasn't it?

I would have said its amazing what can be done these days but then seeing as the amount of stuff it missed, not just Els collection either, its clearly not entirely perfected.

Oh yes. A few xmases ago looking for the Charlie Brown Christmas special I found it on you tube but it was upside down and mirror reversed. I suppose that's the reason. Did wonder

Edited by - hawkeye pierce on 31 Jan 2013 21:00:02
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  21:22:57  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So from the way people are talking, is it just pessimism that El has stopped, or (as I believe) is he just pausing to adjust/cut the titles before posts the next batch? (since the 2 missing uploads for Underwater Menace are both part 2's of episodes, I hope he at least posts those...)
Go to Top of Page

Boswell
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
523 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  21:34:34  Show Profile Send Boswell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or perhaps he's just busy.

Forwards for Total Dalek victory!!!
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  21:34:49  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully

You know, looking a that video that Selaboc kindly linked, I wonder what clobbered Highlanders 3? I assume the Who theme is a free for all all over you tube. God knows its well used. As are the opening credits for all doctors. No way these still pictures could have triggered anything so I presume a copy of the missing story range CD Highlanders was provided to You Tube.

Im just done a BBCs Porridge marathon and I though id give Going Straight a go. All 6 episodes on you tube undeleted. How can that be?
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  21:38:16  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A matter of being busy and, as I am told, possibly editing the titles. It might be informing him of what it is matching against as he had a theory as to what was going on with the Fury part 2 detections.

It's not getting all of them because it's probably not great software. Might depend on nuances like timing. The intro audios are usually from home recordings anyway, so to an automated system they may sound very different and fail to hit their matches.
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  21:59:23  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hes back.... :)

Edited by - hawkeye pierce on 31 Jan 2013 22:00:31
Go to Top of Page

Boswell
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
523 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  22:01:07  Show Profile Send Boswell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I stumbled across the account on YT and noticed the missing bits of Fury, I assumed because it contained some of the live footage. But that isn't very consistently observed, if that was the case. Those bits from Fury are quite substantial, but there are plenty of examples, as long, on other episodes, and they are still there.

Frankly, you don't need software, just a good pair of eyes. The more uploads, the more it is going to be noticed in the menus on the side. That was the fate of all those up loaders going back four years or so, who used to try and post up the entire series, non DVD copies. They would vanish overnight in huge culls! They migrated over to Daily Motion but I've no idea what happened to them. The way to go is a secret channel - do they do those? Invite only, that sort of thing. I'm a little behind on this sort of thing. Or for the lovely uploader to have more than one account and spread the episodes over. That way if the axe did fall upon one, some will still survive for those who need to grab 'em.

Also, beware of the malicious reporter. There's always some one who'll wave a TV license in your face and report it. I seem to remember that happened to some of the original You Tubers. No matter how cleverly they renamed the episodes, you could always find them.

Why Highlanders 3? I think it is just a random hit.

Forwards for Total Dalek victory!!!
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  22:06:38  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seem to recall last night, Highlanders and Underwater Menace was oddly named 'High' and 'menace'. Now notice it to be Loose Cannon's The Highlanders.....etc. Wonder if that had any baring on failing to trick the software ?

Edited by - hawkeye pierce on 31 Jan 2013 22:07:29
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  22:41:39  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Often times he uploads them with short hand like "enemy 2 of 1" and just goes back and renames them later. They're probably what his temp files are labeled as. He also later fills in the links in the description (to part 1, or next episode etc).

Boswell: That's the first thing that came to most of our minds of course. But they're scattered random half-episodes rather than any sort of strategic attempt to shut anything down. Not sure about the live footage, as those final episodes had only 'on set' cameras but not footage from the episode, for the most part. I remember something mentioned about the Fury credits being recognized as Seeds of Death or some such randomness.
Go to Top of Page

zeropolis79
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  23:52:15  Show Profile  Click to see zeropolis79's MSN Messenger address Send zeropolis79 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Boswell

When I stumbled across the account on YT and noticed the missing bits of Fury, I assumed because it contained some of the live footage. But that isn't very consistently observed, if that was the case. Those bits from Fury are quite substantial, but there are plenty of examples, as long, on other episodes, and they are still there.

Frankly, you don't need software, just a good pair of eyes. The more uploads, the more it is going to be noticed in the menus on the side. That was the fate of all those up loaders going back four years or so, who used to try and post up the entire series, non DVD copies. They would vanish overnight in huge culls! They migrated over to Daily Motion but I've no idea what happened to them. The way to go is a secret channel - do they do those? Invite only, that sort of thing. I'm a little behind on this sort of thing. Or for the lovely uploader to have more than one account and spread the episodes over. That way if the axe did fall upon one, some will still survive for those who need to grab 'em.

Also, beware of the malicious reporter. There's always some one who'll wave a TV license in your face and report it. I seem to remember that happened to some of the original You Tubers. No matter how cleverly they renamed the episodes, you could always find them.

Someone uploaded recons to a website and someone else reported them, bragged on said website about it and all the links were promptly removed..

All before I could download them.
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  00:33:57  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So why not use torrents? No need to deal with automatic detection or rats. There are multiple poor copies of these all over the torrent sites anyway.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  01:34:26  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting that Moonbase has been skipped.
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  02:58:50  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wondered about that too, but I have faith in all things ElDoctorio :-) Hopefully it will be up soon.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  05:03:03  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crossing my fingers he doesnt have the death box.
(DOND joke)
Go to Top of Page

GinjaNinja

8 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  18:01:27  Show Profile Send GinjaNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone manage to get and can share "The Macra Terror - Episode 1 (Part 1)" before it was blocked? Thanks in advance

Edited by - GinjaNinja on 01 Feb 2013 18:02:14
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  19:54:51  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another one!

You really have to jump on these before they go.

I think the newer recons have it worse. LC uses "clean intros" as does the restoration team, there is probably a pretty good match. Older recons might have intros which were sourced from VHS, etc (at high quality, mind you) which don't provide the same 1:1 match.
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  20:39:43  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Boswell

Unless someone has been removing the sequels of the "Highlander" movies!
Go to Top of Page

screamdewey

7 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  00:43:15  Show Profile Send screamdewey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please can I second GinjaNinja's request for The Macra Terror - Episode 1 (Part 1) being shared, as I missed it too... Thanks.

Edited by - screamdewey on 02 Feb 2013 00:43:41
Go to Top of Page

dvakman

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  03:15:37  Show Profile  Send dvakman an AOL message  Send dvakman a Yahoo! Message Send dvakman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Macra 1 Part 1. I haven't processed this file yet so just flv.

Go to Top of Page

Good as Gearon

10 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  10:02:38  Show Profile Send Good as Gearon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thestredzdoctor

Episode 3 of The Highlanders is now on you tube. To (hopefully) avoid detection I have posted under the title of FF/03

Hi there,

I really appreciate you doing this, but the picture seems to have been stretched to 16:9. Or is it just my computer (an iMac) behaving weirdly?

Thanks for your efforts though,

Rob

GaG
Go to Top of Page

screamdewey

7 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  16:04:49  Show Profile Send screamdewey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for Macra Terror Ep 1 Part 1, Chris.

LEF.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  19:57:20  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Good as Gearon

quote:

Hi there,

I really appreciate you doing this, but the picture seems to have been stretched to 16:9. Or is it just my computer (an iMac) behaving weirdly?

Thanks for your efforts though,

Rob

Yep, same effect here too (on a PC).

Oh well! Kind of you to upload, though.
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2013 :  17:10:33  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It has been uploaded as such as that is the best resolution to view on my tv / pc
I will re shrink the pic format to 640 resolution and re upload asap, but am busy working at the moment

Thanks, it's coming through from that link as 4:3 for me now, so I guess you re-uploaded it already. Nice work!

Highlanders 3 (first part) and the start of the Moonbase are now up.

Edited by - Frankymole on 03 Feb 2013 20:12:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2