Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Wishing for some new LC recons :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  01:48:24  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtowne

Hah. I attempted to use the new "mega" site but it stalls when trying to upload. Forgot to delete that text.

If you meant to say "incomplete", am quite certain I uploaded part 6 a few pages back.

Oops, yes, I did mean "incomplete". And you did indeed post it at http: //depositfiles DOT com/files/o9dbmnvn4 as detailed on page 5. I read the old pages a few times but somehow missed it. Both your depositfiles work for me - many thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  05:44:05  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While we're all anxious to see more, there is no excuse to rudeness to someone who has helped a lot of people out

I am very thankful for what he has shared, and I am patient and appreciate.

Thinking on the topic of tenth planet 4, if LC decided they wanted to update, the timing may now be optimal.

While during the days of vhs when 2e was offering it, it was a very respectful move. Today, I dont know anyone buying vhs (assuming it hasnt been discontinued) and there is no current dvd release. When they do release, my gut is that they will be doing an animation which is their norm. Its possible their recon would be thrown in as an extra but it wouldn't be what their MO has been.

quote:
Originally posted by jtowne

Doubtful. Though someone on "the other" forum posted a horrendously rude comment about the wait. Smells of being intentional/obvious trolling, though.

He may well be looking into what exactly is being picked up as copyright in the end of Fury to avoid further similar complications.

Edited by - gad4 on 25 Jan 2013 05:45:38
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  13:29:59  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are indeed including the recon on the DVD, and they are using the version with borders again, sadly. Still, great that it will be present at all.

Also, my fault for not understanding the post on the other forum was a joke and sarcastic. I had a feeling it was too intense to be real, but it makes sense now that I think about it.
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  21:00:56  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes and speaking as the ungrateful sod from the other forum, I apologise here too. It didn't come across in typed form as it was meant. Bugger.

Apologies all.

Go to Top of Page

LizR
Seasoned Time Traveller

New Zealand
5043 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  22:59:37  Show Profile  Visit LizR's Homepage Send LizR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's very easily done. Typing doesn't always convey nuances that would be obvious face to face.

Video games ruined my life! (But fortunately I have 10 more lives...)
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2013 :  02:19:48  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhandley

Only a very small amount of work has been done on Massacre so far. Power is well over half way through, but we hope to feature a lot more CGI in the latter half of the story, so it could still take some time.

Hope you are all enjoying the new recons!

You bet! May I enquire whether Power 1-3 are "locked down" or will you be re-editing them with any CGI made for eps 4-6, or any other changes?
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2013 :  04:33:10  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It appears eldoctorio has forgiven our squabbling and returned with a posting of Power part 1.

Its amazing how good those early recons can look using a good original. I thank him in advance and look forward to salivating over the rest of the story.

Since there was no Tenth Planet, to celebrate his return, I would like to share with a group a link to one of my favorite tenth planet recons.
(No. not made or posted by me, but Ive enjoyed this for a while.)

I'm not sure if it's as good as a LC version would be (those who don't like CGI may not appreciate it as much as those who do.) but hopefully it fills the gap for all until LC gives it its much due updating :)

TENTH PLANET LINK:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Feel free to share if you like it as much as I do.

Edited by - gad4 on 28 Jan 2013 16:48:49
Go to Top of Page

dhandley
Administrator

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2013 :  14:59:17  Show Profile Send dhandley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frankymole

quote:
Originally posted by dhandley

Only a very small amount of work has been done on Massacre so far. Power is well over half way through, but we hope to feature a lot more CGI in the latter half of the story, so it could still take some time.

Hope you are all enjoying the new recons!

You bet! May I enquire whether Power 1-3 are "locked down" or will you be re-editing them with any CGI made for eps 4-6, or any other changes?

Nothing will be locked down until all episodes are complete.

Derek
Go to Top of Page

screamdewey

7 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  19:08:22  Show Profile Send screamdewey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, it seems that Loose Cannon's The Highlanders Episode 3 First Part has been taken down from YouTube already... Does anyone have the file as a full res FLV?

Any help would be gratefully received, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  19:16:23  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should have it but don't know how to share.

If the help doesnt arrive, I'll email it to someone who can post it.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  19:27:24  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should have it but don't know how to share.

If the help doesnt arrive, I'll email it to someone who can post it.
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  20:56:30  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by screamdewey

Hi all, it seems that Loose Cannon's The Highlanders Episode 3 First Part has been taken down from YouTube already... Does anyone have the file as a full res FLV?

Any help would be gratefully received, thanks.

Why would episode 3 of The Highlanders be removed already? Is something there that I haven't noticed?
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  20:59:48  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It appears there.
Just named differently and out of order.
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  21:19:52  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the last couple of stories have been posted in unusual ways - Both parts of Power of the Daleks 6 were labeled as "first part"; the first half of every episode of "Highlanders" was posted before any of the second halves were; and the last half of episode 4 of "Underwater Menace" was posted before the first half of part 1. So look around at all the posted parts of a story before deciding they're dropped, they are probably there.
Go to Top of Page

screamdewey

7 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  21:24:31  Show Profile Send screamdewey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know they're in an unusual order. Loose Cannon's The Highlanders Episode 3 First Part has been taken down from YouTube already, because when you click on it, you get the message 'This video contains content from BBC Worldwide, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.'
Go to Top of Page

Boswell
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
523 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  21:28:15  Show Profile Send Boswell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup. The first half of Episode 3 is definitely been removed. Unusual posting has nothing to do with it. You can see them in the chronological video listing.

Forwards for Total Dalek victory!!!
Go to Top of Page

greencat

17 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  21:37:02  Show Profile  Visit greencat's Homepage Send greencat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gad4

I'm not sure if it's as good as a LC version would be (those who don't like CGI may not appreciate it as much as those who do.) but hopefully it fills the gap for all until LC gives it its much due updating :)

TENTH PLANET LINK:

Feel free to share if you like it as much as I do.

That's an excellent recon!
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  21:44:14  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unusual removal though. half of episode 3 of Highlanders?

I wonder if that's the end of these uploads now so close to the end :(
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  21:59:39  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It appears there.
Just named differently and out of order.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  22:30:29  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it says the bbc has blocked it. He needs to remove the intro like previously. I hope he doesn't get too many more of these or they'll delete the account. Hope everyone is saving 480p flv files!
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  22:37:25  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remove the intro?
Go to Top of Page

Ben Gurney

2 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  22:46:26  Show Profile Send Ben Gurney a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone did manage to get hold of the first half of The Highlanders Episode 3 and would be willing to share I would be most grateful :)
Go to Top of Page

screamdewey

7 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  22:47:01  Show Profile Send screamdewey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please, does anyone have a 640x480 FLV of the missing part?
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  22:56:46  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hawkeye, sometimes he removes the intro because youtube uses it to detect as copyrighted.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  23:42:43  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its not lost. I do have a copy if no one else does.

I don't know how to do the file sharing stuff. If no one has it who can post, Ill email it to someone to post if they want.

I thought eldoctorio was slowing down but the past few days he's been like a house on fire.

He's probably not editing the files but posting them as he got them. He probably should set up a second name and freeze the eldoctorio name to minimize risk, but that's not my decision. I think the simplified naming should help keep off the radar also.

Fortunately not much left :)

I did not see parts 2 of the first two underwater menace episodes. Im assuming they werent posted?

George

Edited by - gad4 on 31 Jan 2013 00:02:00
Go to Top of Page

Ben Gurney

2 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  00:49:13  Show Profile Send Ben Gurney a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi George

Thanks for letting me know that hope is not lost! I just wish I was up to speed with file sharing solutions as I would have taken you up on your kind offer.

I hope someone who has a good handle on file sharing gets in contact with you soon :)

As for the other parts of the Underwater Menace, it looks like they are still to come (fingers crossed)
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  02:29:24  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After Underwater Menace, only 23 episodes left to post!!!!
Go to Top of Page

dvakman

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  05:34:01  Show Profile  Send dvakman an AOL message  Send dvakman a Yahoo! Message Send dvakman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is The Highlanders Episode 3 Part 1, in both high quality flv format as well as converted to avi format (which runs much more smoothly and with a sharper image on my software).

Sorry if off-topic, but while we're in sharing mode, I missed the Hartnell documentary (and Moffat's intro to The Aztecs) on BBC America sunday night and would love to have a copy... please pm me if you can share or can help me find it... Thanks.

Chris

Go to Top of Page

screamdewey

7 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  07:39:11  Show Profile Send screamdewey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks Chris. Unfortunately, I'm from Britain and do not have the documentary and intro you mention as I don't think they've been shown here (yet).

Do you need anything else?

Once again, thanks.

LEF.

Edited by - screamdewey on 31 Jan 2013 07:40:02
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2013 :  14:35:30  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, I thought the Hartnell special was MUCH better than the usual BBC America Who "Specials" filled with comments and jokes by fans/comedians - I've never been able to sit through more than a couple minutes of one of those. This one gave a great overview of Hartnell's era with comments and remembrances by Moffatt, Caroline Skinner, and David Tennant, with a good range of clips from several stories. If all 11 Doctor specials are like this, I hope they are put on one of the DVD releases at some point.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2