Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Wishing for some new LC recons :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2012 :  00:13:06  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well since we're never going to see the BBC galaxy 4 recon does this mean LC might do one now Airlock has been recovered

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2012 :  01:31:38  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I have no insight into what LC is doing and have zero connection or information from them, I am personally waiting to see what transpires AFTER the official release in airlock.

If the beeb has any intentions on utilizing the recon, I couldn't think of a more opportune moment than with the airlock release. If they don't, then it would seem unlikely that they ever would.

Also, once airlock hits, the amount of visuals that could be used from airlock could potentially justify a newer recon, which would involve recreating apx. 2 1/2 episodes.

If they release the recon, then that material may end up being used for recons by many amateurs because of it in circulation and released. Otherwise,LC may simply need to resource everything independent of Derek.

But I know of no plans for them to touch this currently, yet it would not bother my conscience if they desire to do a new one after the release of Airlock as that is a substantial change in existing material if done independently of what Derek has done.

keep in mind that this is just my musing which many with more accurate information could have a different view on the situation.

Edited by - gad4 on 11 Aug 2012 01:34:47
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  16:04:31  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At this rate we shall not be seeing Airlock at all LOL

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  19:20:31  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
xylok, the BBC recon was made by LC members. From what I was told, LC does have a desire to make a recon that can actually be seen. They would not be able to use any of the visual elements created specifically for the BBC, of course. But it sounded like an even bigger issue was cleaning up a new soundtrack. Mark Ayres worked on the official one, which is not usable, and they have audio sources much better than what was used for LC11. So, that's the major work that needs to be done.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2012 :  04:13:16  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always good news when we hear that updating is going forward. LC did an amazing job on Galaxy 4 considering the low amount of footage and stills that existed at that time.

Im also hoping eldoctorio (or another kind soul) could perhaps share on youtube some more older and newer recons.

Starting another youtube channel for further uploads might be a good idea as it would make it less likely an account being closed down and diversification is always a good thing :)
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2012 :  21:46:58  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No i wasn't blaming LC, they have done an outstanding job, Galaxy is my favourite recon !

Go to Top of Page

Daveyboy

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  20:42:21  Show Profile Send Daveyboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what recons LC are currently working on ?
Cheers
Dave
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  06:37:27  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daveyboy

Does anyone know what recons LC are currently working on ?
Cheers
Dave

The LC website hasn't been updated in ages. Fortunately, one person has been unofficially posting some of their newest recons online at youtube. Go to youtube and search for eldoctorio and that will show some of the news things that have not been officially released yet.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  21:31:58  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On page 3, gna says,
"I believe Marco Polo and the Crusade are also completed but not on YouTube yet...and Power of the Daleks and the Massacre are in the works."
The one Im looking most forward to is Power of the Daleks, yet it would be great to see the newer version of Marco Polo"..

Hoping very much eldoctorio will come out of retirement.

Go to Top of Page

Daveyboy

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  22:56:44  Show Profile Send Daveyboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Power would be awesome !!! I would love to see an updated Mission to the Unknown
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  16:27:35  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And an updated galaxy 4 with material from Airlock

Go to Top of Page

Drvonwer
Time Traveller

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  00:51:22  Show Profile Send Drvonwer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a thought but maybe El Doctorio isn't posting more recon episodes because someone took his links which were meant for here only and posted them on other forums. Just speculating.

Doktor Von Wer at your service
Doctor Who?
That's what I said.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  07:29:33  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What links? The ones that I shared? Those weren't 'meant' for here either. They were shared with me, by him. He became quite busy with real life stuff, apparently, and lost contact/stopped posting. I waited six months and shared them here. I don't have any reason to assume that he's upset about that, as I have not heard from him. But if so, I do apologize of course. :/

As for posting them to this forum rather than another popular one: There's the fact that this is actually dedicated to LC, but it's also very low traffic. If another certain major Doctor Who forum didn't have extremely strict rules about posting links to copyrighted material, I would have likely posted there too.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  16:05:14  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When someone disappears, people tend to imagine reasons why.

We appreciate you addressing drvonwer's thought.

It's obvious that Eldoctoro "got busy" several months before jtowne helped out. I also see no connection.

We all hope that eldoctoro returns or someone else picks up the torch with Marco Polo as well as the Crusades.

As a side note, is there any news regarding the progression on the other recons such as power of the daleks?

If eldoctoro sees this, let him please know we all miss him and hope he has time to return sooner.

Edited by - gad4 on 21 Oct 2012 16:06:03
Go to Top of Page

Drvonwer
Time Traveller

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2012 :  04:47:15  Show Profile Send Drvonwer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was Bige who shared them at Planet Mondas. And they weren't the links you kindly posted Jtowne. I was under the impression that while Loose Cannon was ok with sharing them here, they weren't meant for the general public. But it appears I was under a false impression. I am sorry if I made up upset jtowne as it was not my intention. I suppose I got the impression they were kind of exclusive due to the fact they weren't searchable on youtube and hard to find without a direct link. Once again I appologize to you jtowne. I was not refering to you.

Doctor Who?
That's what I said.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2012 :  02:33:29  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No offense taken, just wanted to make sure I understood what you were saying.

If you looked at any of the youtube releases as they appeared, you might have noticed that the dates on them were usually a month or two in advance. This is because they were uploaded in larger batches as "private". When it was time to share them, they could be made public and the title/description added.
Go to Top of Page

Drvonwer
Time Traveller

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2012 :  13:24:49  Show Profile Send Drvonwer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't realize they had become public. My error.

Doctor Who?
That's what I said.
Go to Top of Page

iamthedoctor
Junior Time Traveller

65 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  13:05:29  Show Profile Send iamthedoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who has Marco Polo?
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  00:13:27  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like good news for the Aztecs DVD

00:28:08:06 DOCTOR WHO - GALAXY 4
00:24:19:14 DOCTOR WHO - AIR LOCK
00:12:10:01 THE EXPLODING PLANET

The DVD will include the cut-down version made as a Time Meddler DVD extra with the Air Lock bit removed. While it would make sense to use the new footage to supplement the recon, time will tell if they were able to get this in (my guess is no).

Edited to add that I'm *very* pleased that this is seeing the light of day, even if it hasn't been changed a bit.

Edited by - jtowne on 28 Nov 2012 00:59:53
Go to Top of Page

dhandley
Administrator

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  13:03:08  Show Profile Send dhandley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtowne

Looks like good news for the Aztecs DVD

00:28:08:06 DOCTOR WHO - GALAXY 4
00:24:19:14 DOCTOR WHO - AIR LOCK
00:12:10:01 THE EXPLODING PLANET

The DVD will include the cut-down version made as a Time Meddler DVD extra with the Air Lock bit removed. While it would make sense to use the new footage to supplement the recon, time will tell if they were able to get this in (my guess is no).

Edited to add that I'm *very* pleased that this is seeing the light of day, even if it hasn't been changed a bit.

Sadly there wasn't time to include any of the new footage, the only changes were the addition of some episode titles and the cutting out of the Air Lock section of the recon.

Derek
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  13:28:56  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's okay with me! Makes the new footage all the more "new", as the viewers won't be thinking, "ah, there's that shot of Vicki I saw a few times in the recon bit". :)

Thanks, Derek, for your fantastic work. I think people will be really impressed, and hopefully we will see more of this type of content on DVDs in the near future.
Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  16:08:59  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just very happy the G4 recon will be available to everyone on DVD now.

"There will always be 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who"
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  18:42:17  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iamthedoctor

Who has Marco Polo?

The BBC sure as hell doesn't have it.
Go to Top of Page

InJen
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  16:22:12  Show Profile Send InJen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Black Guardian

quote:
Originally posted by iamthedoctor

Who has Marco Polo?

The BBC sure as hell doesn't have it.

Considering that Marco Polo was the first Doctor Who with a bigger budget, you'd think they'd've taken more care of it....

I wonder if someone put it in a safe place.... When I put something in a safe place, it's ages before I can find it again!
Perhaps they should look behind the fridge...
Go to Top of Page

Paradisio82

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2013 :  23:40:44  Show Profile Send Paradisio82 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eldoctorio has uploaded a video! Unfortunately, it is a re-upload of Web of Fear, first part of episode 2.
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  00:45:07  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paradisio82

Eldoctorio has uploaded a video! Unfortunately, it is a re-upload of Web of Fear, first part of episode 2.

Oh, well, at least that means he's still alive.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  03:24:36  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also Web 3 and Wheel 2, 4, and 5 it seems.

I'm not sure that these were all missing before. Have they been updated in any way?

Edited by - jtowne on 08 Jan 2013 04:57:16
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  05:43:57  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crusade Episode 2!!!

Yay!

Thanks Eldoctorio!

Edited by - jtowne on 08 Jan 2013 05:44:36
Go to Top of Page

Ollie

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  05:57:30  Show Profile Send Ollie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brilliant - thanks Eldoctorio!
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  08:46:20  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtowne

Also Web 3 and Wheel 2, 4, and 5 it seems.

I'm not sure that these were all missing before. Have they been updated in any way?

Those were all up before. I know the recon of episode 6 of Fury from the Deep was removed, but I am not sure if any of The Wheel In Space episodes were also taken down for copyright reasons.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2