Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Wishing for some new LC recons :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

iamthedoctor
Junior Time Traveller

65 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  18:17:07  Show Profile Send iamthedoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gad4

Thank you so much for finishing this amazing recon.

Thanks to you, LC, and eldoctorio we've seen a nice run of later Troughton upgrades.. "Enemy of the World", "Web of Fear", "Fury from the Deep", "Wheel in Space", Invasion, and "Space Pirates".

Youre always welcome here and I hope we get to see more of you.

You turned the :( into a :)

If you ever come into contact with someone called Vengeance avoid him like the plague. The guy ripped me off 50 pounds and never intended to give it back. This so called fan claimed he could send me doctor who recons on disk with interactive menus for a small price.

Sadly what I asked for never turned up apart from a couple of hartnells but the disks were so badly scratched they wouldnt play. He claimed he would resend them in a couple of weeks and never did so I said I hadent recieved anything and then said he would resend only they didnt turn up.

The strange thing was when I asked if they had all the extra bits like interviews he said no that would cost extra about 4 quid. So all this waiting and a month had past and then he said he would offer me a full refund and only sent 12 pounds back claiming thats all he can do via paypal a month and would send the rest the following month when he got paid.

So a month came and I asked and he gave the silent treatment. So never got my money he ripped me off and because he took so long I couldnt claim the money through paypal either. I gave a slight hint in a post if anyone had problems with this Dan guy and someone PM ed me saying he was in the same boat that this guy wouldnt send him Troughton stuff either.

I did report him to the police and they said they would look into it so not sure if they contacted him or not. Why he didnt just send them in one bag ive no idea why he wanted to do one bag for 1st another bag for 2nd and a third bag for the 8th doctor adventures.

All I know is I wont fall for that again in a hurry. Next time ill go to his bloody house and demand them.
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  18:40:28  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
or take him out in the country, beat the crap out of him and leave him for dead?

"There will always be 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who"
Go to Top of Page

Dean

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  19:02:35  Show Profile Send Dean a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another thanks to Jtowne for uploading what you could, it was great to finally get hold of some of the recons in a crisp clean copy, I do hope that some of older ones like the Dalek's Master Plan might get uploaded in the future, cheers mate :-)
Go to Top of Page

Shadow
Time Traveller

Guadeloupe
521 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  19:37:13  Show Profile Send Shadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great fun.

If Loose Cannon are listening in, the film editor credit on the last episode is supposed to be "Philip Barnikel" rather than "Barniked"!
Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  20:13:03  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadow, I spoke to Philip last week and he said his last name is "Barniked".

Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  20:13:41  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kidding.

Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  21:41:20  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully El Doctorio (or someone) will post the completed revised Crusade and Marco Polo (from old posts on this board it looks like these are finished) and eventually the updated Power of the Daleks and Massacre (from those same posts it looks like these are the two in progress).
Go to Top of Page

iamthedoctor
Junior Time Traveller

65 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  00:34:57  Show Profile Send iamthedoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gna530

Hopefully El Doctorio (or someone) will post the completed revised Crusade and Marco Polo (from old posts on this board it looks like these are finished) and eventually the updated Power of the Daleks and Massacre (from those same posts it looks like these are the two in progress).

Will Marco Polo be the black and white version.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  00:46:23  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didnt know there was an updated Power.. (starts drooling).. where was this mentioned before?

G

Edited by - gad4 on 07 Jun 2012 04:45:49
Go to Top of Page

iamthedoctor
Junior Time Traveller

65 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  21:36:13  Show Profile Send iamthedoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gad4

I didnt know there was an updated Power.. (starts drooling).. where was this mentioned before?

G

Just think if Power got the treatment Evil did.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2012 :  01:23:37  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey.. Maybe we'll start hearing rumors of LC recons.. that'll get everyone excited :)
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2012 :  06:00:40  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marco Polo is black and white and yes, Power has been mentioned previously as in progress.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2012 :  16:21:27  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cant wait for that updated marco polo jtowne.

If one thinks of all those pictures that LC used originally combined with the original telesnaps found afterwards, combined with some CGI, it could be one of their best.

Edited by - gad4 on 11 Jun 2012 16:22:14
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2012 :  12:03:14  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ello? Things are looking up. Eldoctorios last YT activity jumped from a frustrating longtime November 2011 to May yesterday and now 8th June today.

Nothing uploaded as far as I can see. Work in progress, not ready to go public yet im sure but fingers crossed for the future.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2012 :  13:37:16  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefuly new things are on the way
Would probably be better to start a NEW youtube account for new postings so if youtube decides to close he doesnt have everything in one place and doesnt lose everything.

Im definately glad he's back :)

Edited by - gad4 on 16 Jun 2012 13:38:11
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2012 :  11:29:07  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, and today it jumps back to November 2011 again.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2012 :  20:05:43  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:(

Hope he comes back with some new recons.
Go to Top of Page

iamthedoctor
Junior Time Traveller

65 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2012 :  18:49:50  Show Profile Send iamthedoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He should try dailymotion they dont limit to 10 mins.
Go to Top of Page

Good as Gearon

10 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2012 :  21:14:16  Show Profile Send Good as Gearon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

El Doctorio is back in action on YouTube - the whole of The Enemy Of The World has been posted (which for those of us keeping our eye on this thread ain't new).

Fingers crossed there's more to follow.

GaG
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2012 :  14:00:43  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad eldoctorio is back :)
Go to Top of Page

bige
Time Traveller

Australia
224 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  17:08:29  Show Profile Send bige a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG wow, haven't logged onto this forum for AGES. So... can someone just update me, I mean is it confirmed that Marco Polo and Power of the Daleks are being updated? And The Web of Fear, The Wheel In Space, and The Enemy of the World? Sounds all very exiting!!
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  21:08:56  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marco is done Power is apparently in the works.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  02:02:14  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cant wait for power.. of course marco should be awesome with all the photos that exist

Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  02:06:33  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...really excited about Marco!

Go to Top of Page

bige
Time Traveller

Australia
224 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  07:27:04  Show Profile Send bige a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds all very exciting, Marco Polo needed those new photos, I mean weren't there at least 3x more photos than what was in the recon? Power deserves the same treatment as Evil, imho its a better story. I guess once theses r done, Celestial Toymaker, Wheel in Space and Web of Fear r next!
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  21:13:30  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wheel, Web and the updated Celestial Toymaker have already been posted by El Doctorio on YouTube.
Go to Top of Page

bige
Time Traveller

Australia
224 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  21:33:20  Show Profile Send bige a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gna530

Wheel, Web and the updated Celestial Toymaker have already been posted by El Doctorio on YouTube.

Is that *officially* Loose Cannon work? And if it is, why isn't it *officially* released on the site on VHS?
Go to Top of Page

Pip
Time Traveller

Canada
757 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  22:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Pip's Homepage Send Pip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bige
Is that *officially* Loose Cannon work? And if it is, why isn't it *officially* released on the site on VHS?

Yes it is. And the official reason we've been given as to why they've not been released is because they're still working on extras and had been focussing on getting the recons legally on iTunes. What we've been seeing is someone who had a copy (certainly several copies have been distributed) finally giving up on the silence and posting them themselves - Loose Cannon have said that while they don't like the fact they're on YouTube, they're not fussed about doing anything about it and (IIRC) if you were watching them and enjoying them then please make a donation to Children in Need.

At the same time, it seems the iTunes idea is dead (negotiations between Loose Cannon and the BBC fell apart when the contact at the BBC was replaced by someone else) and it seems strange that extras would take so long to complete - it makes me think they're not worried about releasing them; especially with the YouTube leaks.
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2012 :  02:20:41  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they do do anymore recons which I realky hope they do I'm crossing my fingers that an updated galaxy 4 would be on the cards

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2012 :  08:31:07  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im thinking that the optimum time for a new galaxy 4 recon would be after the BBC has had their minute of fame with airlock. The wait would be beneficial because it would gave them a chance of what they want to do and also they could incorporate that into a new recon.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2