Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Wishing for some new LC recons :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

dvakman

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  18:36:47  Show Profile  Send dvakman an AOL message  Send dvakman a Yahoo! Message Send dvakman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ashfall ... sounds good. Thanks for checking more closely and sorry if I caused undue stress ;)

ps, great work on the Web 5 patch... flawless!
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Selaboc
Time Traveller

USA
998 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  18:58:38  Show Profile Send Selaboc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sid jenkins

I may sound like a Luddite but how do you download videos from you tube ? ....that won't cost me anything ! Us Luddites aren't very wealthy. thanks.

If you use the free firefox browser, there's a free plug-in that will help you do that. for free.

Edited by - Selaboc on 13 Feb 2013 18:59:30
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  11:13:21  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is also this: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

darnall42
Junior Time Traveller

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  14:37:10  Show Profile Send darnall42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Selaboc

quote:

I may sound like a Luddite but how do you download videos from you tube ? ....that won't cost me anything ! Us Luddites aren't very wealthy. thanks.

If you use the free firefox browser, there's a free plug-in that will help you do that. for free.

yeah i use downloadhhelper with firefox ,and then join the files with this You must be logged in to see this link.

It's gonna be proper bo !
Go to Top of Page

Boswell
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
523 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  20:01:44  Show Profile Send Boswell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chrome doesn't like the application you mentioned!

Forwards for Total Dalek victory!!!
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  20:42:17  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This application runs on your local computer and lets you mass download from youtube. You can download individual videos, or playlists or an entire user's channel.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Be careful with "conversion" software. Most of them re-render the video, resulting in a slight loss in quality. Try something like AviDemux which can stream copy to another container file without transcoding. It can join files and do basic edits also.
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  09:21:06  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link. can download flv files without converting. There's a cheap and cheerful free video joiner at, astoundingly, You must be logged in to see this link.

But Avidemux does seem to do it a lot better, and faster.

Edited by - Frankymole on 15 Feb 2013 10:03:33
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  14:37:16  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick silly question - is it okay for the files to have 16-bit audio? (The t0rrent ones are mp3 and they're loading on my machine as 16-bit, not 32-bit).

Edited by - Frankymole on 15 Feb 2013 19:05:46
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  15:19:36  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frankymole

Quick silly question - is it okay for the files to have 16-bit audio? (The t0rrent ones are mp3 and they're loading on my machine as 16-bit, not 32-bit).

All audio from CD or DVD, and most web content is 16 bit. Some high resolution audio is 20 or 24 bit. The bit size is just the amount of data in each sample. The sample rate (samples per unit of time) can vary a lot, where CDs are 44.1khz and DVD is 48khz, and high res audio ranges from 96khz to 192khz. Studio master files go higher than that, and that's where some may be 32 bit.

The t0rrent files are MP4, which is just the container (sort of like a zip file). Inside the MP4 are AVC encoded video and AAC encoded audio streams, which are a direct stream copy of the original FLV from ElDoctorio's channel. The audio in the MP4 is 44.1khz 16bit, which is CD quality. The motivation for re-wrapping these into MP4 is because that container file is more universally supported by media players and linear editors. It's like unpacking a RAR file and putting the contents into a ZIP file for compatibility purposes.

Try out this very useful free program for examining media files:

Edited by - ashfall on 15 Feb 2013 15:22:04
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  15:35:28  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, that's really helpful. So building DVDs using the mp4's as the source should be fine as far as audio goes...
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  15:58:13  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frankymole

Thanks, that's really helpful. So building DVDs using the mp4's as the source should be fine as far as audio goes...

Yes, especially considering a lot of these were off-air recordings from the 60s! Your main issue when building DVDs may be converting to NTSC 29.97fps, if you are in the US. The source files are PAL 25fps.

Edited by - ashfall on 11 Sep 2016 20:43:43
Go to Top of Page

aburns

1 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  18:55:01  Show Profile Send aburns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose it was probably inevitable that this would happen at some point. It'll be interesting to see how this affects the LC operation moving forward.

Edited by - aburns on 15 Feb 2013 19:15:10
Go to Top of Page

dvakman

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  20:38:46  Show Profile  Send dvakman an AOL message  Send dvakman a Yahoo! Message Send dvakman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Watching the infamous 106 as good quality recons now is such a joy. I plan to do a complete DW marathon from the beginning once the G43 and UM2 episodes become available (who knows when?).
Go to Top of Page

Selaboc
Time Traveller

USA
998 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  00:19:19  Show Profile Send Selaboc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dvakman

Watching the infamous 106 as good quality recons now is such a joy. I plan to do a complete DW marathon from the beginning once the G43 and UM2 episodes become available (who knows when?).

Well G4 3 is due out early next month in the USA (with the R2 release being shortly before that IIRC)

(of those two) It's really only UM2s release that remains a big question mark.

Edited by - Selaboc on 16 Feb 2013 00:20:07
Go to Top of Page

zeropolis79
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  00:32:22  Show Profile  Click to see zeropolis79's MSN Messenger address Send zeropolis79 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I use a program called YouTube Downloader - very good.
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  14:37:59  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news - some of the extra material is up now - interviews with Sonny Caldinez, Anneke Wills, Peter Barkworth, Colin Baker and George A Cooper.
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2013 :  00:56:38  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to let everyone know, the download pack has moved. This is the complete version without any of the glitches that happened last time.

This is all of El Doctorio's LC episode reconstructions organized for easy viewing.

Edited by - ashfall on 11 Sep 2016 20:45:06
Go to Top of Page

who04

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  14:15:31  Show Profile Send who04 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm getting an invalid address message
Go to Top of Page

hugolandd
Junior Time Traveller

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  17:48:44  Show Profile Send hugolandd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
look closely at the URL - there are two spaces near the beginning that need to be removed before the link will work.
Go to Top of Page

who04

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  19:19:08  Show Profile Send who04 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! thanks, I didn't see the spaces initially.
Go to Top of Page

Harrison Chase

8 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2013 :  12:42:51  Show Profile Send Harrison Chase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashfall

Just to let everyone know, the download pack has moved. This is the complete version without any of the glitches that happened last time.

This is all of El Doctorio's LC episode reconstructions, joined and organized for easy viewing. No extras are included, watch those on El Doctorio's channel.

http: //kat. ph/doctor-who-loose-cannon-reconstructions-of-lost-episodes-t7101219.html

How do I download recons from here? I can find the website but I'm not sure what to do next. Sorry, but I'm not very technical.
Go to Top of Page

L. Scarman
Seasoned Time Traveller

Ireland
2185 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2013 :  12:51:32  Show Profile Send L. Scarman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harrison Chase

quote:
Originally posted by ashfall

This is all of El Doctorio's LC episode reconstructions, joined and organized for easy viewing. No extras are included, watch those on El Doctorio's channel.

http: //kat. ph/doctor-who-loose-cannon-reconstructions-of-lost-episodes-t7101219.html

How do I download recons from here? I can find the website but I'm not sure what to do next. Sorry, but I'm not very technical.

That must be most galling.

Sorry couldn't resist
Go to Top of Page

Harrison Chase

8 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  12:24:29  Show Profile Send Harrison Chase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's OK, I've figured it out. Now I can watch recons all day in my green cathedral.
Go to Top of Page

L. Scarman
Seasoned Time Traveller

Ireland
2185 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  15:58:29  Show Profile Send L. Scarman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The music's terrible
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  13:23:15  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, Derek said over on GB,
"The new Power recon is progressing nicely but the CGI is taking a very long time. The recon could be finished in a month or two, but there will be a much longer wait until the CGI is ready.
It would be possible to release a version of the recon with limited CGI content soon and then do a revised version once it is all complete.
Would people like to see that, or would you prefer to wait until it is totally finished?"

I thought I would bring the conversation over here too, since there are so many fans actively posting. Personally, as I think Power is really the only LC recon in need of updating, I would be very grateful for an early version.
Go to Top of Page

Jessie
Time Traveller

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  03:14:40  Show Profile Send Jessie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd rather wait and see the final product.

“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  04:52:31  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm open to whatever Derek wants.
As long as releasing the pre-cgi version doesn't cause power to go on the back burner I'm comfortable with that.
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  07:43:42  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie

I'd rather wait and see the final product.

Me too. We already have the existing one which for its age is a superb recon, so I don't see the point of a halfway house.
Go to Top of Page

iamthedoctor
Junior Time Traveller

65 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2013 :  16:13:19  Show Profile Send iamthedoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds great stuff!
Go to Top of Page

TimM
Junior Time Traveller

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  05:44:06  Show Profile Send TimM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I just wondered:

Is 'The Massacre' on Youtube ( ie posted there by Eldoctorio ) the new LC version
( ie what would effectively be Loose Cannon Production 40 ) - ?

Or is it the old original LC release ( ie Loose Cannon Production 16 ) - ?

Thanks to anyone who replys.

Tim
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2