Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Wishing for some new LC recons :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  10:47:43  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gna530

Yes, it's great having the updated telesnapped version alongside the original colorized version. It allows you to experience the story in 2 totally different ways.

Yes- clean-shaven Caucasian "mongols" like Acomat, or made-up vaguely Asian-looking ones :)
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  15:27:16  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, now that the main range is done, time for an overview of what's missing? As of 2/11/2013:

Macra 2 part 1
All of Faceless part 1s
Ice 3 part 2
Fury 6 part 2

For the MOST part, things that have been up for a week or two tend to stay up. But there were some Wheel/web/fury deletions that I think took place over several months.

And for those wishing to fix their audio synchronization in avidemux (filters, audio, "shift"):

quote:

Myth ep4 part 1: -2550 ms (66/ 67 frames)
DMP 1 part 1: correctly in sync
DMP 1 part 2: -200 ms (5 frames)
DMP 2 part 1: -200 ms (5 frames)
DMP 2 part 2: -200 ms (5 frames)
DMP 3 part 1: -200 ms (5 frames)
DMP 3 part 2: -300 ms (7 or 8 frames)
DMP 4 part 1: -280 ms (7 frames)
DMP 4 part 2: -400 ms (10 frames)
DMP 6 part 1: correctly in sync
DMP 6 part 2: correctly in sync
DMP 7 part 1: -200 ms (5 frames)
DMP 7 part 2: -200 ms (5 frames)
DMP 8 part 1: -200 ms (5 frames)
DMP 8 part 2: -200 ms (5 frames)
DMP 9 part 1: -300 ms (7 or 8 frames)
DMP 9 part 2: -250 ms (6 frames)
DMP 11 part 1: -300 ms (7 or 8 frames)
DMP 11 part 2: -300 ms (7 or 8 frames)
DMP 12 part 1: -300 ms (7 or 8 frames)
DMP 12 part 2: -200 ms (5 frames)

If I've missed anything, I'll add it.

Edited by - jtowne on 11 Feb 2013 13:33:04
Go to Top of Page

Boswell
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
523 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  15:34:54  Show Profile Send Boswell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of The Macra Terrors are down I think.

Forwards for Total Dalek victory!!!
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  16:29:53  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to adjust DMP 11 and 12 by -400 to get audio to sync correctly. Mostly using the dalek flashing lights as reference, then checked with any existing video footage of human speech.

Go to Top of Page

hawkeye pierce

23 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  20:24:11  Show Profile Send hawkeye pierce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phew. We made it. With great thanks to Eldoctorio

Don't think any of us expected this at the start of the year did we?

So that's it then. Quality digital versions of Loose Cannons work on line. Duplicating forever more no doubt.

Presumably the end of a video recording dubber who must also be saluted of course.

Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  04:49:36  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtowne

Well, now that the main range is done, time for an overview of what's missing? As of 2/6/2013:

Apart from Fury and The Invasion, none of the cast and crew interviews or other extras are online (like the Abominable Snowmen Legend of the Yeti docu and "outtakes", the Crusades and Trojan War mini-docs, or the Marco Polo framing material with Mark Eden as an older Polo). The You must be logged in to see this link. site has lists of the extra material under each recon.
Go to Top of Page

dvakman

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  05:24:10  Show Profile  Send dvakman an AOL message  Send dvakman a Yahoo! Message Send dvakman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does ANYONE have Ice 3 Part 2? That is the only segment I am missing.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  05:31:18  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh no way. He's uploading Tenth Planet.

Don't forget to judge it for what it is. The first telesnap recon ever made from this story, in period when things were recorded through analog techniques. I know this is probably not a thread that the Team is reading and responding to. But am I right in that these telesnaps are DWM scans?
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  06:05:06  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it shows how much thing have advanced in apx. 10 years.
Go to Top of Page

dhandley
Administrator

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  16:15:04  Show Profile Send dhandley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh no way. He's uploading Tenth Planet.

Don't forget to judge it for what it is. The first telesnap recon ever made from this story, in period when things were recorded through analog techniques. I know this is probably not a thread that the Team is reading and responding to. But am I right in that these telesnaps are DWM scans?

Yes, those were scans that Rick did from DWM about 15 years ago. I don't even have a digital copy of this recon, Rick just had an NTSC VHS master tape, which lost quite a lot of quality in the conversion to PAL I think! I haven't watched this for at least 10 years.
I think Michael Palmer's TP4 recon probably pre-dated this one, that did use the telesnaps, but only very briefly, it was mostly a video edit trying to match material from the other episodes to ep 4.

Derek
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  17:23:19  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it's great for its time. Have you guys considered doing an updated recon for this serial? I know the BBC has Ralph's and all, but you've done so much beyond (just) telesnap slideshows now. Have you managed to acquire decent scans of TP4 telesnaps?
Go to Top of Page

Selaboc
Time Traveller

USA
998 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  18:04:21  Show Profile Send Selaboc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhandley
I think Michael Palmer's TP4 recon probably pre-dated this one, that did use the telesnaps, but only very briefly, it was mostly a video edit trying to match material from the other episodes to ep 4.

I remember that. my copy is a bit ropey being several gens down. It would be interesting to see someone try that again today with today's digital technology and access to cleaner source material and the odd bit of CGI. It'd probably be a bit like Ian's Planet of the Giants 3&4.

Edited by - Selaboc on 07 Feb 2013 18:05:19
Go to Top of Page

Good as Gearon

10 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  18:15:51  Show Profile Send Good as Gearon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, what an amazing couple of months. Thanks to ElDoctorio for all his efforts and thanks to the LC team for making all this amazing stuff in the first place.

Let's hope a way is found to re-post Ice Warriors 3.2.

GaG
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  18:29:45  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would suggest cutting the end audio off near the end. That's something a fan could patch back in if they wanted, while losing the video would be more problematic and probably not helpful for this cause.
Go to Top of Page

dhandley
Administrator

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  19:31:27  Show Profile Send dhandley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, it's great for its time. Have you guys considered doing an updated recon for this serial? I know the BBC has Ralph's and all, but you've done so much beyond (just) telesnap slideshows now. Have you managed to acquire decent scans of TP4 telesnaps?

I guess we may do one at some point, especially as the DVD will just have the Ralph's older recon on it. I think Massacre will get a make over before TP4 though.

Derek
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  19:36:47  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would suggest cutting the end audio off near the end. That's something a fan could patch back in if they wanted, while losing the video would be more problematic and probably not helpful for this cause.

Yes, I was thinking that too - either just cut off the end credits or cut the sound out when the credits begin and run them silent.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  20:12:08  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhandley

quote:

I guess we may do one at some point, especially as the DVD will just have the Ralph's older recon on it. I think Massacre will get a make over before TP4 though.

Looking forward to all of it (especially Power) :)
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  21:13:03  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Continuing on with the 60s love, for those of you in the U.K. or Canada who missed it, i saw that the first half-hour episode of "Doctor Who Revisited", the monthly BBC America production focusing on each of the Doctors, is now up on Youtube. Search for "Doctor Who Revisited", it's about 24 minutes long, a great and respectful look at the Hartnell era featuring Moffatt, Caroline Skinner, David Tennant, William Russell and Peter Purves among others. Moffatt's short intro to the Aztecs is also up, but separately.

Edited by - gna530 on 07 Feb 2013 22:01:03
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  23:21:51  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
gna if you have a link, id love to see it.

Still very happy about the eldoctorio posts. The only one no one got was the last part of Ice Warriors 3 but besides for that, we're complete :)
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  23:46:34  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gad4

Still very happy about the eldoctorio posts. The only one no one got was the last part of Ice Warriors 3 but besides for that, we're complete :)

Which I'm hoping we still get sometime soon as a Version 2.

I've just checked Youtube - the special is no longer there (hopefully the poster will see it and put it up again), but here's the link for Moffatt's Aztecs intro:
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  00:04:09  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by gad4

Which I'm hoping we still get sometime soon as a Version 2.

I've just checked Youtube - the special is no longer there (hopefully the poster will see it and put it up again), but here's the link for Moffatt's Aztecs intro:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Look at the same user's other uploads, and then read the description in the video you find. It's there.

Also, this is pretty far off topic: back to LC.

Edited by - jtowne on 08 Feb 2013 00:05:00
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  00:13:00  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
other things include distorting the sound or replacing the audio with a different track.

quote:

quote:

Yes, I was thinking that too - either just cut off the end credits or cut the sound out when the credits begin and run them silent.

Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  00:20:15  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, depends how much work he wants to put into it. Pulling it from a recon with zero deletions (Power, for instance) and patching in the end tune would be a great idea if he wants to invest that much time and effort.
Go to Top of Page

who04

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  02:20:18  Show Profile Send who04 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tenth Planet Episode 4 is up. They've blocked Evil 1of 5, Fury 2 of 6 and Ice 2 of 3. if anyone has it, I could use it to complete these stories.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  03:25:56  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No one has Ice 3. It had zero views before being deleted. The rest are not lost.

Fury 2 of 5 appears to be staying. Im wondering if he will reupload the rest if this works.

Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  06:27:09  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Random wonderings about the Ice Warriors...

Could the unnaturally super-fast deletion of the upload have something to do with the fact that the Ice Warriors is on the BBC's radar, with today's announcement that the DVD release in Sept. will have a recon of eps 2 and 3 (with no definitive announcement that there WON'T be animation, but many are assuming there won't be.) But if that's the case, I wonder why ep 2 pt 2 wasn't deleted too... maybe due to the ep 4 footage at the end of the segment.

Also, if ElD discovers too many difficulties in trimming or altering the segment for upload, couldn't he just post (maybe on THIS site), an offline link where we could get the episode outside of Youtube? After all, he must know that that is the only segment all of us don't have?

Edited by - gna530 on 08 Feb 2013 06:42:28
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  12:03:18  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was under the impression that when a red flag is raised it is a bit specific to the user to help him determine the cause.

It could be the clip at the end or it could be the end credits or something else.

The speed at which it happened leads me to think that it was an automatic discovery.

I know we all want this, but my thoughts are to give eldoctorio time on this one.

Edited by - gad4 on 08 Feb 2013 12:16:18
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  13:31:07  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As long as only random bits of episodes are deleted, I won't be convinced that anything is happening other than matches to intro and ending theme music. The newest recons get it the worst, because LC probably used better audio sources for the intro/endings which matches up with that of a commercial product.
Go to Top of Page

Frankymole
Time Traveller

173 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  17:42:38  Show Profile Send Frankymole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As long as only random bits of episodes are deleted, I won't be convinced that anything is happening other than matches to intro and ending theme music. The newest recons get it the worst, because LC probably used better audio sources for the intro/endings which matches up with that of a commercial product.

It is definitely automation. I uploaded Macra Terror 1 part 1 and got this from YT "Your video may include clips that are owned by a third party. To watch the matched clips please play the video on the right. The video will play from the point where the matched content was identified." I played it and it was the opening titles.

I hope ElDoctorio doesn't get banned from YT, my email from YT said "Your video, "Loose Cannons The Macra Terror Episode 1 First Part" ([URL]), may have content that is owned or licensed by BBC Worldwide. As a result, the video has been blocked on YouTube. This claim is penalizing your account status". All the intimidating guff is explained here: You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - Frankymole on 08 Feb 2013 18:02:33
Go to Top of Page

whitesox006

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  22:37:52  Show Profile Send whitesox006 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are some good quality Loose cannon bonus stuff. You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2