Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Wishing for some new LC recons :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

GinjaNinja

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  00:16:51  Show Profile Send GinjaNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for Macra Ep 1 Part 1!
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  05:26:25  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moonbase is up and Faceless Ones is being posted.

If my math is right, all that's left is Evil of the Daleks, Abominable Snowman and Ice Warriors.

Amazing accomplishment on the part of eldoctorio.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  05:57:44  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dvakman

Macra 1 Part 1. I haven't processed this file yet so just flv.

You must be logged in to see this link.

For any outsiders, that link is http: //www. sendspace. com/file/96goao
Go to Top of Page

thestredzdoctor
Junior Time Traveller

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  22:30:12  Show Profile Send thestredzdoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had to remove my uploads of The Highlanders - the copyright police were sniffing around.

If anyone wants any recon ep from marco polo - faceless ones, and enemy to space pirates pm me and I will arrange
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  23:55:36  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the thing about uploading the exact same file. It may generate the exact same response. Who exactly was sniffing around?
Go to Top of Page

Drvonwer
Time Traveller

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  13:14:16  Show Profile Send Drvonwer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the uploads should have been kept private like the first ones and only accessible via a link posted for this group only. I would really hate to see elDoctoro's account shut down because too many eyes saw them or worse it come back on Loose Cannon for allowing the recons to be posted in the first place. But that is just my opinion.

Doktor Von Wer at your service
Doctor Who?
That's what I said.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  13:45:10  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keeping them private doesn't protect them from youtube's detection, unfortunately. It's all automated.

It will keep them private from eventual trolls and such as others have mentioned. But they're likely to come across this forum anyway. As long as everyone is downloading the original 480p files, and eldoctorio gets to the end (two serials left, one of which will be quick), it's just a matter of us continuing to help out if some day files are removed and eldoctorio can't or doesn't want to do it all again.
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  15:10:58  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the feed list, Ice Warriors ep 3 pt 2 was posted first, but blocked after only an hour! Which is weird because part 2's of postings have never caused problems. Part one of ep. 2 is up right now. I've sent ElD a comment and message about it, so it will hopefully be reposted.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  15:32:10  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone get this one?

(wish i woke up an hour earlier)

George

Edited by - gad4 on 05 Feb 2013 15:36:31
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  15:52:37  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gad4

Did anyone get this one?

(wish i woke up an hour earlier)

George

It shows zero views on that one in the feed, so I'm afraid nobody got it. I missed it by just a few minutes myself. I'm sure it will be uploaded again soon.

Edited by - ashfall on 05 Feb 2013 15:53:08
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  16:00:33  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if it resets to zero when being removed.

Wishing eldoctorio success navigating on this slippery ice (pun intended ) :)

Edited by - gad4 on 05 Feb 2013 16:18:44
Go to Top of Page

Selaboc
Time Traveller

USA
998 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  17:20:47  Show Profile Send Selaboc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gna530

According to the feed list, Ice Warriors ep 3 pt 2 was posted first, but blocked after only an hour! Which is weird because part 2's of postings have never caused problems. Part one of ep. 2 is up right now. I've sent ElD a comment and message about it, so it will hopefully be reposted.

Perhaps the Ice Warriors being in the pipline for DVD release might have triggered some extra scrutiny from someone at BBCWW.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  17:48:26  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The title was very vague so I don't think that triggered it.

My thoughts are that perhaps a clip on the end caused the confusion with the official release or the end credits. This one is confusing though and hard to figure out.

Fortunately, Evil of the Daleks came though OK. I was up last night hoping to get what I could before AM. Seems I would have been wiser waking up earlier :)
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  18:28:38  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's just as unlikely as ever that this is anything but an automated deletion, given it's a single half episode. fury had two part 2s removed, so it's probably their Troughton end credits. Given that Fury is the only one not to be re-upped, he may be unsure how best to proceed with part 2 deletions
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  19:03:39  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we're now on the last story. Surprising how fast the removal was this time. Very thankful we got almost everything.

I am curious if this one has longer than normal end credits.
Also, I'm curious if a particular recording of the end credits is what set it off.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  19:31:34  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could be a particular audio source. What i'm imagining is that sometimes credit audio is cut off or poor quality on original tapes. So it's replaced with a clean copy.
Go to Top of Page

Mosif

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  19:33:28  Show Profile Send Mosif a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a copy of Ice Warriors Episode 3 part two? Or failing that a complete copy of episode 3? Generally speaking I get these quickly but it looks like no one was quick enough on this particular episode.
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  19:54:18  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping that after all of these are uploaded, he re-uploads the ones that have opening titles cut with uncut openings in the hopes that they stay up.

Also, some of the re-uploads already there don't match up exactly with the other part of the episode that didn't get blocked (different GOP structure or something). This makes it impossible to re-join the two parts without transcoding with tools such as AviDemux. The ones that I have been unable to re-join are Web 2 and 3, and Wheel 2,4,5.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  22:58:15  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To the contrary, if he gets them them all up, I hope he never touches the account again, rather than risk having the whole thing deleted. We can patch the intros cleanly (end credits are another story).
Go to Top of Page

ashfall

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  23:11:58  Show Profile Send ashfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great point, Jtowne. I wouldn't want this wonderful effort to be spoiled just for those small details.
Go to Top of Page

jtowne
Junior Time Traveller

90 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  00:34:48  Show Profile Send jtowne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep. Once everything is up we can start editing them or whatever maybe.

It's really too bad the ice warriors and evil Part Ones got obliterated.

I may have the web/wheel original files but probably not. In that case, there were many months between uploads and he probably re-encoded it. Failing that, I probably have my joined avi files from 2011.

There was one case where I think he deleted his own part 2 to have a part 1 and 2 that match.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  04:03:03  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im really amazed we've gotten as far as we did without being shut down.
Some believe in the 3 strikes, and Im not sure if we've gone past that.

We're down to the home stretch with one part of Abominable remaining(with the exception of the elusive Ice Warriors and 10P)

Edited by - gad4 on 06 Feb 2013 04:14:52
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  05:00:39  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Abominable 6 is up, 10P won't be up, so that leaves IW3 pt 2 - since there were no hits on it and it was removed so fast, effectively it's like it wasn't posted - so who thinks ElD will try it again?
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  05:01:52  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, I forgot to say it again...El Doctorio, I SALUTE YOU!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  05:28:57  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bad luck on the ice warriors, but still lots of cheer for eldoctorio. Also, lets not forget the team of LC who put this all together.
Thanks for touching so many's lives in a wonderful way.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  05:39:01  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fury 5 just reposted. Lets see if its followed by the Ice Warriors.
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  05:41:13  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to say, watching all these recons (esp. the Hartnells) and considering the other complete stories of the first two Doctors, that it was here in the 60s (especially the Hartnell era) where the show's premise of exploring anywhere in both time and space, was truly used to its finest. Ironic that (in my opinion) only as the show was truly finding its way and its identity that it was at its most imaginative, most unexpected and most exciting - before it got locked down into set frameworks of style, format and character beats. And the show was also best here in the 60s era when the Doctor's character and background was a complete mystery, and he couldn't control where the ship would even land (with Troughton playing it as being almost afraid to mess with the controls). In the era of Pertwee and especially Baker when the Doctor could for the most part determine when and where he would land most times, and where we knew an increasing amount of his background, the wonderful era of mystery and uncertainty which we experienced with the Doctor and his companions (and which has been shown so wonderfully in all these reconstructed episodes), was lost. So thanks , El Doctorio and Loose Cannon, for allowing us all to see our beloved show when it was at its purest and finest.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  07:15:49  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you. I think the early shows had a more human touch than the later which perhaps appear more scripted to me.

BTW. Colour Marco is being posted.

Im looking forward to some beautiful colour.

Edited by - gad4 on 06 Feb 2013 07:28:44
Go to Top of Page

gna530
Junior Time Traveller

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  07:37:50  Show Profile Send gna530 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's great having the updated telesnapped version alongside the original colorized version. It allows you to experience the story in 2 totally different ways.
Go to Top of Page

Boswell
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
523 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  10:42:29  Show Profile Send Boswell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ElDoctorio must have the patience of a saint, so well done and thanks for such a swift uploading speed. It's been lovely seeing some of the more recent LC recons, such as Celestial Toymaker and Wheel In Space. I particularly appreciate the improved soundtrack to the former. I remember getting their first CT recon back in the day and wincing at the way the soundtrack had been buggered about with.

Forwards for Total Dalek victory!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2