Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Finding lost Doctor Who is not hard to believe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lumarc5252

3 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  19:35:47  Show Profile Send lumarc5252 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finding lost who is good but is not hard to believe i said to a friends just some time a go they would say how unlikely it was and i said bull because archivists just found a complete ish. version of Metropolis 1927 a film so rare as to be impossible so even if we never get all the episodes Doctor Who back we are shore to find manny more in years to come

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2012 :  18:31:27  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finding something missing is more probable than finding something specific (like who).

Metropolis is a needle in a haystack. And even with the metropolis print, the original was long gone. We were just fortunate they decided to make a backup copy rather than buy a new print. So far, London After Midnight is missing although in theory its perhaps more likely a print of that out there than a Power of the Daleks episode. In this computer age, where the contents of archives become less secret, more information is showing up. New prints are definately turning up. We now have Galaxy 4 3 and Underwater menace 2. Also an unknown print of Reign of Terror 1 has materialized. However, we are also learning now about prints destroyed post 1980 such as the Sierra Leone archive, and perhaps there was a marco polo episode from NZ which was disposed of. I still believe theres more to find out there. and I hope we find it, but as time goes on, more is found and more is destroyed and the job becomes harder.
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2012 :  19:10:05  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the main problem which has been stated so many times is the lack of awareness , people simply don't realise the significance/ value of what they have

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2012 :  14:24:10  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I agree that's still a problem, another problem we have today is as time goes on, things get destroyed. Owners die, Archives get burnt, etc. Time is sadly not on our side.
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2012 :  00:08:55  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think one of the most important thing to do is update the Loose cannon website to include this glorious news !!

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2012 :  00:17:50  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xylok b

I think one of the most important thing to do is update the Loose cannon website to include this glorious news !!

What glorious news? Has something new been found recently? What is it?
Go to Top of Page

BarTender

14 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  14:46:16  Show Profile Send BarTender a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing since Galaxy 4: Air Lock and The Underwater Menace 2, but LC's webpage hasn't been updated for a couple of years
Go to Top of Page

The Black Guardian
Seasoned Time Traveller

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  15:44:28  Show Profile Send The Black Guardian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BarTender

Nothing since Galaxy 4: Air Lock and The Underwater Menace 2, but LC's webpage hasn't been updated for a couple of years

Damn. I was hoping "glorious news" meant that something new had been found since the start of 2012.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2012 :  05:56:50  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We all wish that.. but id be happy with a nice updating of power recon and a an updating on galaxy 4 an underwater menace since we have some new footage to use.
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  22:25:41  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry i didn't mean to post confusing things, i must be the only person who's still amazed by these finds, everyone else who i speak too has calmed down somewhat now. On another note though, i feel dreadful after reading some of the hurtfull comment people have made on the guardian website about these recoveries.

Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  22:20:39  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im not on the guardian website so i dont know what they said. However, I think hurtful comments should always be avoided. Sadly we've lost the respect for our fellow human beings as our society becomes more selfish :(

Go to Top of Page

Russell Te Deus

2 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  05:12:12  Show Profile Send Russell Te Deus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going out on a limb here, but the BFI was gifted the extensive Bob Monkhouse archive of films and tapes a few years ago and are sorting through and restoring his collection to this day.

In the run-up to December 2nd's 'Missing Believe Wiped' event at the NFT in London, I find myself hoping that, with his confessed interest in "obscure videos, sci-fi and fantasy illustrations", he will gift us a small clutch of lost episodes.

Broadcasters have conceded their cupboards are bare; early adopters of home video machines are likely to have collections which reflect their secret passions, rather than the consensus opinion of a panel of mediocrities, whose votes would go to allegedly 'serious' shows involving period costume, or another 'definitive television Shakespeare.
Go to Top of Page

Shadow
Time Traveller

Guadeloupe
521 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  10:26:01  Show Profile Send Shadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Monkhouse collection has already been extensively uncataloged and openly published a couple of years ago.

The only Who material he had were copies of the Cushing films and a copy of the TV Movie.
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  17:23:04  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still can't believe we're not having the G4 recon , even after the discovery of Airlock !

Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  20:54:28  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the extras have not yet been announced so hopefully they decide to include one
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2