Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 Ian Laveine's shada
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lumarc5252

3 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  19:11:23  Show Profile Send lumarc5252 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sucks that we are not to see this completed work how i wish it would leak to the net some day so we can see all the hard work 2entertain is so dumb for not releasing it with there up and coming dvd i my self gong time ago edited the shada film with the relevant bits of the web cast to get some of the feel of the lost story

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

lumarc5252

3 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  19:13:50  Show Profile Send lumarc5252 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"gong" should be "long" spellcheckers can be so irritating
Go to Top of Page

Drvonwer
Time Traveller

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  03:52:38  Show Profile Send Drvonwer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think Mr. Levine wants to risk letting it leak out. It could create plenty of legal problems with the BBC. And ruin any future possibilites of an official release.

Doktor Von Wer at your service
Doctor Who?
That's what I said.
Go to Top of Page

Greyhawk
Time Traveller

Canada
226 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  18:44:42  Show Profile Send Greyhawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure what this has to do with LC.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2012 :  14:28:37  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nothing to do with LC. Greatly appreciate LC's work though :)
Go to Top of Page

jonodan
Time Traveller

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  19:33:23  Show Profile Send jonodan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any possibility Ian's Shada COULD be released as a recon somehow?...
Go to Top of Page

BobSpoons
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  23:18:53  Show Profile Send BobSpoons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to say that I would love to see it from a sellfish point of view, however we need to realise that Ian has been so high profile in the production, that if it did get out, then he would most likely get a lot of trouble and hurt over it direct to himself.

Would love to see it, but there are bigger issues for the folks who put in the effort/money, specifically Ian.

So it probably wont get leaked for their own good, and understandably so.

Alex

My posting name is usually BobSpoons but my real name is Alex. Just thought Id add that to avoid confusion folks.
Go to Top of Page

jonodan
Time Traveller

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  01:05:43  Show Profile Send jonodan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear you... and agree. I certainly would never want Ian getting in any hot water for doing something undertaken with the best of intentions.. But in a way it is a reconstruction of "missing" Who... and it would be fun to see a representation of the footage that was never actually filmed. Alas, maybe one day we'll all get a pleasant "official" surprise...

Edited by - jonodan on 28 Jan 2012 01:07:55
Go to Top of Page

Topov
Time Traveller

United Kingdom
155 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  02:47:07  Show Profile Send Topov a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick comment to the OP - it's spelled "Levine" - just in case you forget, it does appear on every page in this forum!
Go to Top of Page

Russell Te Deus

2 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  04:48:41  Show Profile Send Russell Te Deus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Given how anxious IL is to avoid any possibility of upsetting the owners of the intellectual property in Shada, perhaps someone less principled could use a selection of their childhood soft toys (with a hat tip to 'The Adam and Joe Show') to produce a cheeky reconstruction of Mr Levine's reconstruction of Shada.
Go to Top of Page

darnall42
Junior Time Traveller

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  15:23:26  Show Profile Send darnall42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drwhoanimator has done a animated version of shada,very basic but watchable

It's gonna be proper bo !

Edited by - darnall42 on 14 Feb 2013 15:24:09
Go to Top of Page

Selaboc
Time Traveller

USA
998 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  19:09:12  Show Profile Send Selaboc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darnall42

Drwhoanimator has done a animated version of shada,very basic but watchable

Glad you could watch it. Even though I've looked at his work before, I still took a look at this one. Sorry, but it's just too crudely drawn for me to stand watching anything more than a few seconds. No offense to Mr Animator, as I'm sure he's a lovely chap and his hearts are certainly in the right place, but his style just isn't to my taste.

Edited by - Selaboc on 14 Feb 2013 19:11:05
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  18:20:44  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If someone had talent, it would be interesting to replace his animation with telesnaps and cgi
Go to Top of Page

joelsanford

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  16:13:41  Show Profile Send joelsanford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Replacing the animation / dvd links with a recon style approach is possible - and in light of the fact that :
(a) the animation is not available ( and I'm firmly in the camp of wishing it was)
(b) some people prefer a telesnap presentation over animation
(C) some would like both options if available
Would be a way to see the Tom baker version in a complete way.
however the problem is the soundtrack - i imagine the copyright issues apply to Ians soundtrack as much as to the animation so that version couldn't be used.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2013 :  18:43:58  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think we have enough footage combined with telesnaps/cgi to do a good telesnap recon of Shada (provided a decent soundtrack was used)

I personally prefer an telesnap/cgi over animation in this case as for me its more jarring going between live action and animation.

I agree that we should respect copywrite a we're fortunate that they have been understanding of fan made videos. If Ian would be open to LC having a copy of his soundtrack, then that would be awesome. DW Animators would work for a fan made recon but something with a little better talent would be desirable if LC attempted to redo it.

If 2e did an professional DVD then it would be great to be able to switch between animation/cgi/tom baker segments from vhs, however I dont see that being tackled for a while as they recently made their shada release. Our best hope is a fan one in circulation that has cgi/telesnaps with a decent audio (like LC does)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2