Planet Kembel
Planet Kembel
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Ian Levine Doctor Who Discussion Forum
 Loose Cannon Reconstructions - Official Forum
 The situation with loose cannon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2012 :  20:40:16  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering as Iam sure many others are what has happened to loose cannon. ,I see there are some of their new recons on YouTube ie wheel in space but without extras apparently . I have been checking the LCD website regularly but it hasn't been updated for about 3 years . What is the situation , it still says the next release is evil of the daleks , would anyone be able to shed some light on the matter please ?

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Harrison Chase

8 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2012 :  10:41:29  Show Profile Send Harrison Chase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know too. I know there are new recons on youtube but I'd really prefer to get them properly from a dubber. Hopefully this can happen soon. Any chance of an update on this please Loose Cannon?
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2012 :  20:35:23  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would imagine that the rediscovery of Airlock may have delayed the release of the updated Galaxy four recon ?

My destiny is in the stars, and to see the day when all 97 missing eps of Doctor Who and Shada are recons and or animations on dvd!
Go to Top of Page

matt_paradise

5 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2012 :  17:33:15  Show Profile Send matt_paradise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There isn't an updated Galaxy 4 recon. There's a cut down one that was made for 2 Entertain but shelved, a full version that one of the LC guys then used to make the cut down which will never be released, and that's it as far as we know.

Also, Loose Cannon have repeatedly said that they are still working on extras for all the new recons that have popped up on YouTube (Web, Wheel, Celestial Toymaker, Reign of Terror) and others that haven't appeared yet (Enemy of the World, Marco Polo, The Crusade). They won't be released until the extras are finished.

There are also new versions of Power of the Daleks and The Massacre currently being worked on.
Go to Top of Page

enapace
Junior Time Traveller

27 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2012 :  11:52:03  Show Profile Send enapace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_paradise

There isn't an updated Galaxy 4 recon. There's a cut down one that was made for 2 Entertain but shelved, a full version that one of the LC guys then used to make the cut down which will never be released, and that's it as far as we know.

Also, Loose Cannon have repeatedly said that they are still working on extras for all the new recons that have popped up on YouTube (Web, Wheel, Celestial Toymaker, Reign of Terror) and others that haven't appeared yet (Enemy of the World, Marco Polo, The Crusade). They won't be released until the extras are finished.

There are also new versions of Power of the Daleks and The Massacre currently being worked on.

Yeah if I remember reading originally they wanted sell them on itunes so decided that the extra's did not need to be done with them but since 2E decided not to take they are going back and making extras for them. I expect a couple will be finished soon to be released.
Go to Top of Page

Daveyboy

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  20:38:42  Show Profile Send Daveyboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re "Also, Loose Cannon have repeatedly said that they are still working on extras for all the new recons that have popped up on YouTube (Web, Wheel, Celestial Toymaker, Reign of Terror) and others that haven't appeared yet (Enemy of the World, Marco Polo, The Crusade). They won't be released until the extras are finished.

There are also new versions of Power of the Daleks and The Massacre currently being worked on."

Hi Matt,

I have read before that Enemy, Marco Polo, and Crusade have been re-vamped but not heard about Power and Massacre being worked on and not seen any posts on them. Anybody else got any info on these as I can't wait to see a new Power, especially as the Evil of the Daleks reconstruction was amazing ???

Dave
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  06:32:12  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think power is definately due for an updating. A new massacre is great also.
When the galaxy four3 and underwater menace 2 come out, im hoping the new episodes will allow them to make an updated recon.
Go to Top of Page

TimM
Junior Time Traveller

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2012 :  08:27:55  Show Profile Send TimM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can fully understand why its probably not possible for the team to
release the Galaxy 4 recon done for 2Entertain:

However, as I've said occasionally on this forum over the years:
The original LC Galaxy 4 recon is visually really good
& the recon is only let down by the quality of the soundtrack which is quite hard to listen to.

So, perhaps ( given that the new one can't be released,
& that this block may possibly also prevent a further updated recon utilising Airlock etc ) -

Couldn't the old original G4 recon be re-released the same as before but with a higher quality soundtrack - ie similar to the excellent sound quality of a typical LC recon ?

I would imagine a better soundtrack has been found by now ( one not via BBC Audio or other arms of the BBC direct ) eg the BBC's CD version was very clear & listenable ; & I'd imagine they didn't provide the off-air source recording.

Or am I mistaken & no better quality soundtrack is available except via the official institutions of the BBC?

So; even though the new but unreleasable recon is bound to be visually superior ( but because unreleasable it is therefore unviewable for most of us! )-

Please - Russ, Dean & the rest of the team - consider re-releasing the old recon -
just as it is with its glorious recreation of the Chumblies & its other highly imaginative & resourceful methods -
but with a better quality soundtrack; as this would be a thing of beauty &
joy - & would make many of us very happy indeed.

Don't worry of course if that is not something you wish to do; as I am very grateful indeed for all the amazing recons you have provided - Thank You! -
& fully respect whatever decisions you make with regard to them.
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2012 :  01:50:13  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would definately be an easy fix to make. Switching the soundtrack could be viewed as a great temporary fix until a new one is done.

Im hoping that in time after airlock is released that will give LC some more visual material to make an even better update.

I would definately like to see the Power of the Daleks. While I love LC recons, this one can benefit significantly from an update. Its my wish list :)
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  22:06:40  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They ought to change the episode statuses on the sight at least to TUwM part 2 exists and galaxy 4 3exists

Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2012 :  00:09:40  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
think one of the most important thing to do is update the Loose cannon website to include this glorious news !!

Go to Top of Page

toxicspurge
Rassilons Bitch

USA
13439 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2012 :  00:55:07  Show Profile Send toxicspurge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We know, you pretty much said the exact same thing in your previous post in February. Reminds me of my daughter thinking if she says the same thing enough times, she'll get a different response.

"There will always be 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who"
Go to Top of Page

iamthedoctor
Junior Time Traveller

65 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2012 :  19:45:56  Show Profile Send iamthedoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish the recons would just get a official release and not cut either.
Go to Top of Page

paulfairclough
Junior Time Traveller

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  08:44:09  Show Profile Send paulfairclough a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I'm bothered about is the release of Web & Wheel, any updates that are done after that are an extra bonus.

Last two stories please LC (JV isn't brilliant).

Favourite Doctors 10, 4, 2 & 6
Go to Top of Page

gad4
Time Traveller

794 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2012 :  04:36:54  Show Profile Send gad4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you looked on youtube paul?
Go to Top of Page

xylok b
Seasoned Time Traveller

United Kingdom
1719 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2012 :  23:26:06  Show Profile  Visit xylok b's Homepage Send xylok b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I think web is on youtube

Go to Top of Page

iamthedoctor
Junior Time Traveller

65 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  15:01:21  Show Profile Send iamthedoctor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are the latest ones up?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Planet Kembel © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2